A classic family dessert in France, clafoutis is a low-calorie dessert so easy to make you will soon find yourself experimenting with other fruit (apricot is one of my favorites), or adding other flavorings (like a tablespoon of cocoa powder). Don't count on having any leftovers though…
- Preheat the oven to 350 deg. Spray a 9" tart dish with cooking spray. Toss in the cherries.
- Whisk the eggs, egg white, sugars, salt, and flour together until smooth (a hand mixer works best for this)
- Add the milk, and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth. Pour into the baking dish over the cherries.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. When you pull it put of the oven it will wiggle a bit which is normal. Place on a wire rack to cool. The clafoutis will have puffed up quite a bit and will deflate while cooling.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Dust with powdered sugar just before serving.
Calories: 147kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 26mg | Potassium: 219mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 85IU | Vitamin C: 4.9mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 0.7mg
Heads up: my posts may contain affiliate links! If you buy something through one of those links, you won't pay a penny more but we'll get a small commission, which helps keep the light on. For more details, read our affiliate disclosure. Thanks!