Healthy breakfast to go - no cooking required - budget friendly - ready in 5 minutes! It's simply genius and the best thing since sliced bread!
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time0 mins
Total Time5 mins
- 1/3 cup Old fashioned or quick cooking oats (not steel cut)
- 1/3 cup Soy milk (or other milk of choice)
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt (preferably nonfat)
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1/3 cup Blueberries (or other fresh fruit)
- 1 tbsp Walnuts (or other nut)
Layer the oats, milk, Greek yogurt, honey, blueberries and walnuts into a jar or bowl with a lid. Cover and place in refrigerator and let sit for 8 hours.
When ready to eat, remove from the refrigerator and stir if desired or leave as a parfait. Enjoy!
Will keep well in refrigerator for 5 days.
This recipe calls for 1/3 cup of each ingredient for 2 reasons:
For most people, 1/2 cup of each ingredient is the standard serving size though. Just make sure you keep an equal ratio of oats to milk in order to get the oats properly saturated with liquid. The rest (greek yogurt, honey, berries and nuts) is entirely at your discretion.
- I find this is the right serving size for me based on my personal calorie needs.
- It fits perfectly in my favorite container!
Calories: 296kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 69mg | Potassium: 400mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 309IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 209mg | Iron: 2mg