Baked portobello mushrooms with goat cheese
A simple, tasty and healthy meatless recipe that takes only minutes to throw together. Serve with pasta, polenta or any grain.
- 1 cup Marinara sauce or other good pasta sauce
- 6 Portobello mushroom caps about 4" diameter
- 6 oz goat cheese
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives chopped
- 1/4 cup Fresh Italian parsley chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste (optional)
Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
Spread the sauce in the bottom of an oven proof baking dish. Arrange mushroom caps, gill side up, on top. Place a piece of goat cheese on each mushroom.
Sprinkle a pinch of salt (optional) and fresh ground pepper to taste.
Sprinkle evenly with olives.
Bake 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Nutrition facts are per mushroom for an average 4" diameter mushroom (about 85 g).
Calories: 112kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 415mg | Potassium: 462mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 702IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 1mg