Sometimes you just run out of fresh ingredients and don’t have time to run to the store. That’s when you head to your pantry and ponder what you can make with what you have on hand…
This is exactly how this dish got thrown together, and I found the flavor combination so awesome that I marked it as a “to-be-repeated” recipe… which I am happy to share here!
All ingredients are Mediterranean diet friendly and should always be in your house.
Try this yourself next time you have to make dinner in a pinch, it’s much better than ordering food delivered to your house!
Linguini with sun-dried tomatoes, feta and olives
- Slice sun-dried tomatoes into thin strips. Slice garlic. Cut olives in halves. Cut feta cheese in cubes (or crumbles if it is too soft for cutting). Slice basil in thin strips.
- Cook pasta in a large amount of salted water according to package instructions (7 to 12 min depending on the brand)
- While pasta is cooking, heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a 5 quart sauté pan on medium high heat. Add garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and olives and cook a couple minutes until warmed through.
- Once pasta is cooked, take 1/4 cup of cooking water from the pot and add it to the saute pan with the tomatoes. Drain the pasta and add it to the pan. Add feta cheese and basil, toss well.
- Serve immediately and season with fresh ground pepper on the plate.