Travel to Provence without leaving your kitchen… This side dish is simple enough for a weeknight dinner, or you can fancy it up by calling it Tomates à la Provençale to impress your guests…
- Preheat the oven to 400 deg F.
- Lightly oil a baking dish large enough to accommodate 8 tomato halves laid next to each other (depending on the size of your tomatoes, a 8 x 8" dish is roughly the right size)
- Remove the core from the tomatoes and cut them in half crosswise. Over a bowl, gently remove the seeds from the cavities using your fingers.
- Arrange tomato halves in the baking dish cut side up. If any halves are wobbly or tilted, trim a bit off the bottom so that they sit flat in the dish. Season with a pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper.
- In a bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, cheese, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and toss well.
- Spoon the seasoned crumbs into the tomato halves, pushing down into the cavities and mounding on top. Drizzle the rest of the olive oil over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the topping has browned and the tomatoes are hot but still keep their shape. Serve hot.
Heads up: my posts may contain affiliate links! If you buy something through one of those links, you won't pay a penny more but we'll get a small commission, which helps keep the light on. For more details, read our affiliate disclosure. Thanks!