Quinoa, chickpea and fennel salad
This salad checks all the boxes for a Mediterranean diet… and the combination of flavors is to die for!
- Prepare vinaigrette in a small bowl, adding both mustards, both vinegars, salt and pepper. Whisk until salt is dissolved.
- Pour the olive oil slowly into the bowl while stirring to get an emulsion.
- Trim off fennel stalks and save some of the fronds for garnish. Chop the fronds and set aside.
- Cut fennel bulb in quarters, remove the core. Slice the fennel as thin as you can in a food processor using the thinnest slicer setting or with a mandolin. (Note: if you have time to do this step the day before and pour the juice of a lemon and 1/4 tsp salt on it, it will be even better as it will soften the fennel)
- In a large bowl, add quinoa, chickpeas, fennel, tomatoes and olives. Pour vinaigrette on top and stir gently.
- Add feta cheese crumbles, stir one more time, top with chopped fennel fronds and serve.
Heads up: my posts may contain affiliate links! If you buy something through one of those links, you won't pay a penny more but we'll get a small commission, which helps keep the light on. For more details, read our affiliate disclosure. Thanks!