Hey there, food lovers! Get ready to dive into a tropical paradise with our best mango salsa recipe. This mango jalapeno salsa is a vibrant, sweet, and spicy condiment that pairs perfectly with just about anything – be it fish, chicken or even shrimp tacos!
The first time I tasted this delightful dish was back in the 80’s at a neighborhood restaurant that offered tilapia with mango salsa. It was love at first bite! Since then, it’s secured a spot in my family’s list of favorites. Not only is it a feast for the eyes with its vibrant colors, but it’s also an explosion of sweet, tangy, spicy, and refreshing flavors that dance on your tongue!
Mango Salsa Ingredients:
- Mango: The star of our salsa, mangos bring a sweet, tangy flavor and are packed with vitamins A and C!
- Red bell pepper: Adds a crunchy texture and a pop of color. Plus, they’re loaded with antioxidants.
- Red onion: Gives a mild, sweet edge to our salsa, and it’s great for your heart health too.
- Jalapeno: For that spicy kick! Jalapenos are also a good source of vitamin C.
- Cilantro: Brings a fresh, herby touch to balance out the sweetness and spice.
- Lime juice: Adds tanginess and enhances the other flavors. Plus, it’s high in vitamin C!
- Orange juice: To balance the tartness of the lime. Gives a unique twist and a Vitamin C boost.
- Pinch of salt: To enhance all the flavors.
How to make this recipe:
With no cooking required, this mango salsa is a fantastic go-to for those hot summer days when you want to keep things cool and easy in the kitchen! But it’s not just a seasonal treat, I love it all year round! That’s why you’ll always find a stash of frozen mango in my freezer, ready to whip up this delightful dish anytime.
For the full recipe, please see below!
Recipe Tips and Substitutions:
- Frozen mango works just fine if fresh ones aren’t available. Just let it thaw overnight in your refrigerator.
- If you’re a fan of heat, go ahead and use a serrano pepper instead of a jalapeno.
- A white onion can be used instead of red, but keep in mind it might have a stronger flavor.
- Got leftover orange juice? Freeze it for recipes like this! I also make sure to always have a stash of frozen orange juice concentrate tucked away in my freezer.
- Mango salsa for fish is a match made in heaven. Especially with salmon, as the citrus cuts through the richness of the fish.
- This vibrant mango salsa pairs just as beautifully with some juicy grilled chicken.
- Top off your fish or shrimp tacos with this salsa for a tropical twist.
- Try it in a bowl with brown rice, black beans, steamed broccoli or squash. It’s a whole vegan meal!
Store the mango salsa in an airtight container in the fridge. It should stay fresh for up to five days.
Feel free to play around with this recipe! Add some diced avocado for creaminess, swap lemon juice for lime, or add some chopped pineapple for extra sweetness.
This mango salsa recipe is more than just a condiment; it’s a celebration of flavors. Whether you’re using it for mango salsa chicken, salmon with mango salsa, or fish tacos with mango salsa, it’s guaranteed to take your meal to the next level. Remember, the secret ingredient is always love. Happy cooking!
More Favorite Recipes:
- Chop all ingredients and place them in a bowl.
- Add orange and lime juice and a pinch of salt.
- Combine gently and refrigerate until serving time.