Who doesn’t like the smell of chicken on the grill? This Mediterranean grilled chicken recipe takes it to the next level by adding some herbs and garlic that will have everyone salivating while it’s cooking.
It is a popular staple for cookouts, served along with some grilled vegetables and salads.
How long should you marinate?
What makes this chicken flavorful and juicy is a delicious marinade loaded with garlic, lemon and herbs. For the best flavor, you should let the chicken marinate a couple hours, but if you are short on time at least 30 minutes. Don’t let it sit overnight, though, as the lemon juice would break down the meat too much and affect the texture.
Should you eat the skin?
There are several schools of thought out there regarding chicken skin. Yes, crispy chicken skin is delicious, let’s face it, and it’s hard to resist. It makes the chicken juicier and more flavorful. Yes, it contains a lot of fat, and therefore calories. Therefore, if you are trying to lose weight you should probably consume it rarely. However, it turns out that the type of fat in chicken skin is mostly unsaturated fat and heart healthy. In conclusion: chose what’s right for you. If you need to watch your calorie intake, you’re probably better of removing the skin before eating. Otherwise, enjoy! Chicken is an excellent source of protein!
Try this Mediterranean grilled chicken today!
Other recipes to try:
Grilled eggplant with tomatoes and yogurt sauce
The ultimate French carrot salad
Spinach broccoli blueberry salad
Mediterranean grilled chicken
- 4 chicken thighs, bone in, skin on
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme chopped
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- In a small bowl, mix garlic, yogurt, rosemary, thyme, zest and juice of a lemon, salt and pepper.
- Gently lift the skin from the thighs and rub a tablespoon of marinade under the skin. Place in a glass dish. Brush the rest on top of the skin. Cover and refrigerate a couple hours.
- Grill on medium high heat, skin side up, for 35 to 40 minutes until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 165°F
Made this last night and it was delicious! I used lemon thyme from my garden for even more lemon flavor. Will be making it again!
Thank you Brigitte! So glad you liked it!
Simply amazing… I love the taste!
Pingback: Baked chicken with shallots - Cuisine With Me