Mixed seafood ceviche
A no-cook recipe great for a hot summer day. Marinated in lime juice, the fish takes on a smooth and tender texture, combined with a bit of crunch from the onion, a bit of heat from the jalapenos, a bit of coolness from the tomatoes, and a bit of creaminess from the avocado… A real fiesta in your mouth! Serve as appetizer (with plantain chips for example) or main course with a side of roasted sweet potatoes, corn, or avocado
- 1 1/2 pounds White fish cod, tilapia or other
- 1/4 pound Scallops
- 1/4 pound Shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3/4 cup Lime juice enough to cover the fish
- 1/2 ea Red onion chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tbsp Jalapeno pepper chopped (about 1 large)
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 ea Avocado cubed
- 1/4 cup Cilantro chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Rinse and pat dry the fish, shrimp and scallops. Cut all in very small pieces (about 1/4 inch). Place in a glass bowl. Cover with lime juice and 1/2 tsp salt. Make sure the fish is completely covered, if needed add more lime juice.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add jalapeno and onion and refrigerate for another 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, add tomatoes, avocado, cilantro and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Garnish with lime wedges.
You can make variations of this dish by omitting the scallops, shrimp, or using just one type of seafood. I personally like the combination of the three which makes it more interesting.
Calories: 116kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 503mg | Potassium: 374mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 175IU | Vitamin C: 16.3mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1mg
Heads up: my posts may contain affiliate links! If you buy something through one of those links, you won't pay a penny more but we'll get a small commission, which helps keep the light on. For more details, read our affiliate disclosure. Thanks!