Baked sole fillet
Impress your guests with this simple, healthy and delicious way to prepare fish fillets.
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ea garlic cloves thinly-sliced
- 1 ea lemon juiced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1.5 lb Sole fillet about 10-12 thin fillets
- 6 ea green onions top trimmed, halved length-wise
- 1 ea lemon sliced
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped fresh dill for garnish
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt, pepper, cumin and garlic powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil with a dash of seasoned salt. Stir in the garlic and capers.
- Place fillets on a cutting board and season one side with the salt mix.
- Place the fish fillets on a lightly-oiled large baking pan or dish, seasoned side at the bottom. Season the other side.
- Cover with the lemon oil mixture you prepared earlier. Now arrange the green onion halves and lime slices on top.
- Bake in 375 degrees F-heated oven for 12 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Remove the fish fillets from the oven and garnish with the chopped fresh dill.
If sole fillet is not available, you can try a different fillet of fish like Tilapia. You might have to increase baking time as sole fillets are quite thin.
Calories: 370kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 77mg | Sodium: 1212mg | Potassium: 355mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 750IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 1.4mg
Heads up: my posts may contain affiliate links! If you buy something through one of those links, you won't pay a penny more but we'll get a small commission, which helps keep the light on. For more details, read our affiliate disclosure. Thanks!