Baked fish in tomato sauce
Don't be afraid of cooking fish any more! This recipe is quick, easy and healthy and will please even the pickiest non-pescatarians…
- Preheat oven to 450 deg F.
- Lightly oil your baking dish with olive oil and spoon the tomato sauce at the bottom.
- Lay out the fish on top of the sauce. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the olives around the fish. Top with lemon slices and thyme.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until the fish is done, then turn on the broiler on high for a minute or two to get the whole thing sizzling
If you prefer to make your own tomato sauce, be my guest, but there are tons of excellent jarred tomato sauces out there, that are made with tomatoes at the peak of ripeness, simmered for hours and seasoned just right… So unless you have an Italian grandmother who insists on you making it from scratch, save yourself some hassle… This recipe is meant to be quick! And delicious. Just make sure you pick an organic sauce with natural ingredients you can pronounce.
Calories: 244kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 85mg | Sodium: 1058mg | Potassium: 1086mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 825IU | Vitamin C: 14.3mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 3mg
Heads up: my posts may contain affiliate links! If you buy something through one of those links, you won't pay a penny more but we'll get a small commission, which helps keep the light on. For more details, read our affiliate disclosure. Thanks!