A staple at our house, that can be used as a dip for raw vegetables, as a topping for fish or chicken, as a spread for a sandwich, as a sauce on pasta, the possibilities are endless.
Servings: 16 tablespoons
- Toast the pine nuts in a dry pan over a medium heat until fragrant and golden brown, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes. (Alternatively, bake in the oven on a baking sheet for 5 minutes at 350°F).
- Place the pine nuts in the bowl of your food processor and let them cool for a few minutes.
- Grate the garlic and add to the food processor.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and process until pine nuts are finely ground.
- Add basil leaves, lemon juice, salt and pepper to the food processor. Process until basil is finely chopped.
- Remove to a bowl. Slowly whisk in the olive oil until combined.
- Alternatively, you can slowly pour the oil down the food processor chute with the motor running. Do not process more than 20 to 30 seconds as the olive oil may turn bitter.
- Serve immediately or cover with a thin layer of olive oil to prevent browning and refrigerate. This will also freeze well.
Nutrition facts are per tablespoon.
Heads up: my posts may contain affiliate links! If you buy something through one of those links, you won't pay a penny more but we'll get a small commission, which helps keep the light on. For more details, read our affiliate disclosure. Thanks!