Check our other hummus recipes:
Roasted garlic hummus
This roasted garlic hummus is a nice variation on a classic. It is loaded with flavor and provides the added health benefits of garlic.
Servings: 24 tbsp
- 1 head garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 cup cooked chickpeas (= one 16oz can, drained)
- 3 tbsp lemon juice (= juice of 1 lemon)
- 1/4 cup Tahini (sesame paste)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp sumac
- 2 tbsp water or juice from the can
- 1/2 tsp Everything but the Bagel seasoning for garnish
- Peel garlic cloves and place them on a piece of aluminum foil. Drizzle with a tablespoon olive oil.
- Fold the foil over the garlic and seal the edges tightly to make a packet.
- Place the packet on a baking sheet and roast at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Remove the packet from the oven and let rest until cool enough to handle. The roasted garlic should be golden and caramelized
- Place chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, tahini, 2 tbsp olive oil, salt, cayenne pepper and sumac in the bowl of your food processor.
- Process until smooth, scraping the bowl as needed.
- Check consistency and add water or juice from the can if needed.
- Drizzle with more olive oil and sprinkle Everything but the Bagel seasoning (garlic and onion flakes, sesame seeds and sea salt)
Nutrition facts are per tablespoon. Recipe makes about 1-1/2 cups of hummus (24 tbsp).
Heads up: my posts may contain affiliate links! If you buy something through one of those links, you won't pay a penny more but we'll get a small commission, which helps keep the light on. For more details, read our affiliate disclosure. Thanks!